Google, since its creation, offers an ever more optimal navigation to its users. Many services are available to individuals, but also to professionals looking for visibility. In 2014, Google My Business was born, directly addressing the needs of businesses. But what is Google My Business? What are the benefits of this tool for businesses? How has it become a real social network for local points of sale? How to benefit from it? Decryption.
Google My Business: definition
Google My Business provides companies with the possibility of creating an establishment sheet directly online.
Thus, when an individual enters the terms of his search on Google, he can see appear on the right of his screen an insert specially dedicated to the company responding to its research intention then highlighting:
- An image of the company;
- The name of the brand;
- Opening hours ;
- The localisation ;
- The activity of the company;
- Contacts (telephone, email, etc.);
- customer reviews;
In other words, Google has implemented a service allowing consumers to discover all the practical information about your company. The tool also makes interaction between consumers and businesses possible! Individuals can write their review, submit photos of purchased products, suggest schedule changes (if wrong), or whatever.
Google My Business is a free toolintended for all sectors of activity, but also all companies, small or large.
The Benefits of Google My Business for Businesses
Companies are nearly 4 million, and that just on the national territory, according to INSEE. So many companies that now want to make the most of the game and stand out from competition. At a time when new technologies are an integral part of our lives, the presence of companies on the Internet has become essential to conquer new market shares.
For this, Google makes its tool available to allow companies around the world to:
- Gain visibility on the Internet, even if the company’s core business is not online (building trades, craftsmen, food businesses, etc.);
- Boost turnover by promoting in-store traffic (drive-to-store) via couponing or promotions;
- Build a strong e-reputation thanks to customer reviews left on the page (spontaneous or following the sending of a link to customers);
- Forge the trade-consumer link by publishing the news of the point of sale, photos of your team, of your premises;
- Improve the user experience by listing useful information about the company (contact, itinerary, questions/answers);
- Increase traffic on the website thanks to the presence of the URL on the establishment file;
- Allow all companies to be visible online (regardless of location or size of the structure…)
- Optimize your local SEO.
Google My Business: local natural referencing
A survey conducted by Whitespark in 2021 demonstrated that Google My Business listings were relevant to the local natural referencing.
Indeed, when the user performs a Google search, his phone or computer is geolocated if this option is activated. Thus, if he adds a local intention to his request, your Google My Business listing can go up in the first results of Google. Three major criteria are taken into account by the algorithm deployed by Google:
- The distance between the company sought and the location of the Internet user;
- The relevance between the company and the nature of the Internet user’s search;
- The popularity of the company.
Thus, companies have everything to gain from highlight the geographical parameters in the description of their establishment. And much more when it comes to restaurant chains, shops, crafts for example, which require consumers to visit them on site. You guarantee the optimal positioning of your business listing on Google.
Note that you can create as many listings as there are establishments owned by your brand.
The establishment file: a real social network
Where companies can stand out is in the animation of this establishment sheet. If some imagine that it is enough to create it to be referenced, others take advantage of complementary services to boost their local visibility.
Also, nor is it about publishing posts identical to those of your Facebook account or Instagram.
It is rather a question of communicating on the news of your company, very reassuring for users:
- The novelties your company: products, dishes, design, etc.;
- Major events: exceptional opening, exhibitions, conferences, recruitment;
- Offers promotional from the moment ;
- Additional information relating tofor example, to the restrictions in force to combat the spread of the virus or an exceptional change of schedule, etc.
The Google Posts are visible for seven days directly in Google search results. In addition, there is another useful service: instant messaging, like social networks, which allows you to interact directly with users and answer their questions. You humanize this GMB page and build trust.
How to create an account on Google My Business?
Do you want to gain visibility on Google? It suffices for this to create your account on Google My Business.
- Login to next page ;
- Then, equipped with your GMAIL email addressyou can then proceed with the creation of your Google My Business page;
- Your establishment may already be listed in the GMB list but if it is not present, enter it manually by clicking on ” Add your business to Google “.
- Fill in all the information surrounding your establishment: the name of the brand, the nature of the activity, the website of the latter, your contacts, etc.
- The business listing will be created by Google.
Google also indicates that a seriously completed and optimized file sees its chances of being visited jump by 70%!
It would therefore seem that Google My Business is added to the list of essential tools to use for boost the visibility of your business. Combined with a well-thought-out SEO, good marketing knowledge and some editorial notions, your business will rise in Google searches.
Article written by
This text is published under the responsibility of its author. Its content does not in any way engage the editorial staff of Les Echos Solutions.