- Scene The screening of “But with our dead” on April 2 at Teatr im. Stefan Siromsky in Kielce. The authors say it’s a gruesome horror comedy about the first zombie apocalypse in Poland
- However, a different opinion was held by, inter alia, MP Mariusz Jusk of Solidarna Polska, who demanded in social media the dismissal of Kelsey Theater Director Michael Kotinsky. According to the deputy, the show “reconciles and insults the feelings of believers and the memory of those who died in the Smolensk disaster.”
- Now it turns out the play pulled out of ammunition in June. – It is about the political turmoil caused by Minister Anna Krupka and Minister Peter Wurzyk, who, using the theater, wanted to play their party games and deal with private interests – says Michal Kotinsky directly
- Anna Krupka has not commented on this issue for Onet. – If the director has problems in relations with the Field Marshal, let him solve them himself without involving me in these matters. I don’t intend to comment on anyone’s phobia – however, Piotr Wawrzyk told us
- You can find more of this information on the Onet homepage
Gazeta Wyborcza in Kielce was the first to write about the case. It was no secret that the show “But with our dead” was not included in the April-May repertoire, but was planned for June.
A friend bought a ticket online. But a few days ago, she received a phone call from the theater not to perform the play. In return, she was offered an admission ticket to “The Kennedy Family Curse” – a uniformed employee at the Kelsey Theater told reporters. “It may be related to censorship,” she added.
In an interview with Onet, Michał Kotański, theater director Stefan Żeromski in Kielce confirms that there has been a change in repertoire.
– It is true that some of the June offers have been retracted. It is related to the political turmoil caused by Minister Anna Krupka and Minister Piotr Wurzyk, who, using the theater, wanted to play their party games and engage with vested interests – says Michal Kotinsky directly. – I hope everyone calms down and at the end of the season, as usual, we will play all the performances of the season – he adds.
We ask the director of the Kielce Dramatic Theater exactly what caused the disturbance. – Here I refer to both of the aforementioned ministers. She confirmed that they would definitely be keen to share the details of their conversations about this scene.
We asked Anna Krupka and Piotr Warzek to comment on the words of Kelsey Theater Director. Deputy Minister of Sports and Tourism did not answer the phone, but requested a text message. We’ve sent questions, but haven’t received a response yet.
In turn, the Deputy Secretary of State commented briefly on the whole matter. – If the director has problems in relations with the Field Marshal, let him solve them himself without involving me in these matters. I won’t comment on anyone’s phobia – Piotr Wawrzyk told us. – Contrary to what the director claims, the State Department does not put ammunition in the Kelsey Theater – he added.
Let us remind you that the Kells Theater is an organizational unit of county self-government. Świętokrzyski (PiS in power there), co-led by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Let us remind you that confusion about one of the recent premieres of Teatr im. Siromsky in Kielce was spurred on by the post of Representative Mariusz Gosic of Solidarna Polska on Facebook. At the end of April, the parliamentarian indicated that he would ask district guard Andrzej Bętkowski, Świętokrzyskie, to take steps to dismiss the director of the Kielce Theatre. The show was specifically titled “But With Our Dead”.
The play is based on Jacek Dahnel’s prose, adapted from Michel Komicic and directed by Marcin Lieber. The show premiered April 2 — a gruesome horror comedy about the first zombie apocalypse in Poland — its creators argue.
The indignation of the Poland Solidarity member was provoked by the fact that in one of the scenes on the board, among other things, the presidential spouses who died in the Smolensk disaster, as well as Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, who utters the famous words about the epidemic and the virus that you no longer need to fear. According to Marius Joske, this is an unacceptable situation.
“The scene in a straight line harmonizes and insults the feelings of believers and the memory of the people who died in the Smolensk disaster, the tragedy that led to the death of the late President of the Republic of Poland, Professor Lech Kaczynski and the late Maria Kaczynski,” the Solidarna Polska actress wrote on Facebook.
“My manager, the late Przemyslav Gusevsky, who was a deputy’s office on Sienkiewicza Street, 200 meters from the theater building, also died on the soil that spilled the blood of Katyn. For the residents of Kielce, Sienkiewicza Street is associated with dramatic events in the theater, with a monument to the great writer Henrik Sinkiewicz, with a message engraved on the monument, is still alive: Quo Vadis, what does it mean: Where are you going?
A day later, a spokeswoman for the Marshal’s Office in Kielce Agnieszka Kolac-Sarnowska, ONIT informed that the regional authorities do not intend to comment on the position of Representative Mariusz Jusic in social media. However, she confirmed that Marshal Andrei Petkovsky met with the director of the Seromsky Theater. All the issues have been clarified, said Agnieszka Kołacz-Sarnowska, and no decisions have been made on this topic.
We are glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
Date created: Today 14:22