On May 23, the third and penultimate phase of DVB-T2 / HEVC application began in Poland. Starting Monday, viewers of other counties will have access to the new broadcast standard.
The new DVB-T2 / HEVC Standard – Phase 3 on May 23. Where will it come into effect?
The change in digital terrestrial television broadcasting will apply entirely to these regions:
- lesser poland,
The Polish Digital Union declared in the announcement that “the whole new signal will also cover Wielkopolska (for example Kalisz will join), as well as other cities in Mazovia (Radom and the surrounding area). The third phase of the connection will be the largest in Poland.
You can read more information from Poland on the homepage of Gazeta.pl
“We would like to remind you that as part of the signal conversion to DVB-T2 / HEVC, the frequencies of the transmission multiples will change: MUX-1, MUX-2 and MUX-4, which will be converted to DVB-T2 / HEVC standard. In practice, this means better quality. Audio and video – all channels will be broadcast in Full HD. The MUX-3 multiplexer does not temporarily change the broadcast standard “, reports the Ministry of Digitization.
How to check if the TV receives DVB-T2 / HEVC?
You need the right equipment to receive the new digital TV standard. As experts of the Digital Poland Association emphasize, people who bought their TV after 2019 do not have to replace it. However, in the case of older receivers – even those with modern flat screens – it must be checked whether they are adapted to the reception of the new standard.
How do I do it? It is enough to go to the website www.telewizjanaziemna.pl, where through a special search engine you can find out if a particular model is adapted to the reception of the new DVB-T2 / HEVC broadcast standard. “If the TV set cannot receive a DVB-T2 / HEVC signal, then its owner must purchase a new model or a special set-top box” – explains Michał Kanownik.
DVB-T2 / HEVC. Coupon for a set-top box and a TV set – rules
The decryption voucher is given regardless of the family’s income. Funding requests for the purchase of a set-top box or TV can be submitted from March 21. The benefit is not awarded in cash. Those interested will receive a code that can be used to purchase the device at selected stationery or online stores that will join the program. Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash.
The government website further explains the rules:
- Co-financing will be granted at the request of one person from within the household;
- An application for a benefit can be submitted electronically – using the gov.pl platform, as well as via Poczta Polska SA – this will also allow people with limited access to digital services to get this benefit;
- In response to the request, the authorized person will receive a special code to the provided e-mail address or in the form of a hard copy (if the request was submitted by the post office);
- The code can be redeemed in stationary stores, online stores and through online sales platforms;
- The program will run until the end of 2022.
The new DVB-T2 / HEVC standard will be introduced in four steps
In accordance with the 2017 European Parliament and Council Regulation, member states have committed to make the 700MHz band available for broadband services by 30 June 2020 or, in justified cases, by 30 June 2022 at the latest.
The transition to the new DVB-T2 standard in Poland is scheduled for the second quarter of 2022. According to the schedule established by the Office of Electronic Communications, the introduction of the new standard was divided into four stages:
- The first phase from March 28, 2022: Sudetes District and Lower Silesia, Lubuskie voivodship;
- The second phase from April 25, 2022: the Pomeranian belt from Szczecin to Tri-City, much of Greater Poland, Kojawi, western part of Mazovia;
- The third phase from May 23, 2022: the southern part of Greater Poland, the ód region, the Kielce and Podkarpas regions, Lesser Poland, Upper Silesia, and the Opole region;
- Phase 4 from 27 June 2022: Mazovia, eastern Poland (from the Suwałki District, via Podlasie, to the Lublin District and Zamość District).
Help Ukraine, join the group. You can pay cash at pcpm.org.pl/ukraina